Tuesday, February 17, 2015

South Korea 2013: In Closing

Sungkyunkwan University Gates in Snow

A reflection with photos that don't really belong anywhere but here.

This is the first time I encountered this much snow on the streets,

Korea

or on the train. And I learnt that shoveling snow is important, lest it turns into slippery ice.

Korea

I either stayed in a hostel ran by a hospitable Chinese lady (who married a Korean), and shared a room with a night photographer and an undergrad recovering from surgery,

Korea

Or in Jimbilbangs (Dragon Hill at Yongsan Station, Siloam Spa at Seoul Station and more)

Korea

Korea

Korea

Korea

Korea

Wandering also meant that I discovered little gems unintentionally.
The prettiest university I've seen was near my hostel - Sungkyunkwan, an educational institution of higher learning that dates back to the Joseon Dynasty. Yes there's a Korean drama called Sungkyunkwan Scandal.

Korea

Korea

Korea

Korea

The Chinese influence in Korea remains strong. I can read the words off the signs of palaces and temples too!

Korea

And even train stations can be philosophical here.

Korea

Korea

Goodbye South Korea

Korea

Korea

Korea

With this, my series of posts on South Korea has come to a close. Thank you, SK, for an amazing adventure (I’m looking forward to my next trip already!), and thank you, for following me on them.

2 comments:

  1. Articles and photos are consistently interesting and inspiring. Thank you very much for following. Sending best wishes for a most happy 2015. Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eddie, thanks for your kind words. Happy new year and stay inspirational in 2015.

    ReplyDelete

Featured

My Japan Itinerary (December 2012 and June 2016)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...