Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Lake District, UK: Windermere Orrest Head

It was easy to go up Orrest Head, but I got lost coming down. The day was long but I had to get my luggage before the Mountain Goat closed. I kept circling the summit and was up there three times, and this was how desperate I was: 

I asked a random stranger which way down, which gate to past... twice (because he was still there the third time I was up) 

I saw some grazing sheep and didn't take decent pictures of them. I was more concerned about not stepping on their poo. The sheep cannot be found along the regular trail. 

I ran down hill and made it just in time. (Actually the worst case scenario would be to drive into town tomorrow before the wedding to get my things.)

The climb up and down is easy if you don't lose your way. And the view is worth it! 

Lake District

Lake District

Lake District

With some sparkling Lake District water (from the Windermere supermarket)

Lake District



Lake District

Lake District

Lake District



Lake District

Lake District

The grazing sheep
Lake District

Lake District

Lake District

Lake District

It was a good climb. Just don't get lost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

My Japan Itinerary (December 2012 and June 2016)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...